How do I clear the temporary Internet files (cache), cookies, and history from Internet Explorer?
Occasionally, it may be necessary to delete cached Internet files, Web site information stored on your computer (cookies), and the history of viewed Web page addresses. This allows Internet Explorer to refresh these resources.
For this example Internet Explorer 7 is described. Steps for Internet Explorer 8 are similar.
To clear the temporary Internet files (cache), cookies, and history from Internet Explorer, perform the following steps:
1. From the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2. From the General Tab menu, click Delete.
3. In the Delete Browsing History window, click Delete files.
4. In the Delete Files dialog box, click Yes.
5. Repeat Step 3 and Step 4 for Delete cookies, and Delete history.
6. From the Delete Browsing History dialog box, click Close.
7. From the Internet Options dialog box, click OK.